Good health is vital and healthy eating, being one of many contributors to this, can influence physical, mental and social well-being.
At Westhaven School, we are dedicated to helping promote good physical and emotional health by providing accessible and relevant information and equipping learners with the skills and attitudes to make informed decisions about their health.
● To promote a whole school approach to a healthy lifestyle
● To encourage children and staff to make informed decisions on a healthy lifestyle based on positive attitudes and information
● To promote safe working and playing relationships and environment both inside and outside of school
● To provide high quality physical education as part of a lifelong healthy lifestyle
● To provide children and staff with the opportunities to make informed choices about a healthy lifestyle based on current information and liaison with outside agencies
● To help children develop greater confidence, motivation, self-esteem and have the skills, information and understanding to make important life and health choices